Immigration Issues/H1-B


Hello Sir,
I am currently in the U.S on an F2 visa.I had earlier held H1-B ,but quit my job in March.I was told by my employer that the H1-B would get invalidated once I quit.But the expiry date on the visa is Nov 2009.If I am offered employment by another employer I wanted to enquire whether I would need to initiate a new H1-B or can the earlier one be re-activated.
Also could you please let me know if Part-Time job offers can be taken up with a H1-B type of visa?
Thanks much !


There is no such process to "reactivate" your old H-1B approval. Your new employer has to file for a new H-1B application on your behalf. The good news is you are not subject to the cap.

Part-time job is possible under H-1B visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]