Immigration Issues/H1-B

Question
Hello Sir,
I am currently in the U.S on an F2 visa.I had earlier held H1-B ,but quit my job in March.I was told by my employer that the H1-B would get invalidated once I quit.But the expiry date on the visa is Nov 2009.If I am offered employment by another employer I wanted to enquire whether I would need to initiate a new H1-B or can the earlier one be re-activated.
Also could you please let me know if Part-Time job offers can be taken up with a H1-B type of visa?
Thanks much !
Divya

Answer
Divya,

There is no such process to "reactivate" your old H-1B approval. Your new employer has to file for a new H-1B application on your behalf. The good news is you are not subject to the cap.

Part-time job is possible under H-1B visa.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan