Immigration Issues/H1b transfer



I was hired as a full time teacher but when I arrived in the school, the position was filled and school had to put me as teacher aid, which means the salary is a lot lower than stating in the LCA and Currently I am applying for H1b transfer and is required to present my pay stub. Will that jeopardize my H1b transfer to new school?

Jui Chang,

No it will not jeopardize your transfer to another employer. I would also suggest that after you have transferred you can require the school to pay you the back wages that they owe you. That is the wages that was listed on the H-1b minus the wages they paid you. You can contact my office if you wish to do so.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.