Immigration Issues/I797 and I824



Currently my I-129 is pending with USCIS and my employer is requesting me to attend this training and using my current tourist visa to enter U.S. Can I go to either Canada or Mexico to get my H1b visa once receive the approval notice? Do I need to file I824 since the consular is different than the one stating on the petition (Manila)?

Thank you very much!

You can go to Canada or Mexico for your H-1B visa, but you need to account for the possibility that they may not issue you one. One of the reasons that they do so is that they are unable to verify your academic qualifications.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.