Immigration Issues/I797 and I824

Question

Currently my I-129 is pending with USCIS and my employer is requesting me to attend this training and using my current tourist visa to enter U.S. Can I go to either Canada or Mexico to get my H1b visa once receive the approval notice? Do I need to file I824 since the consular is different than the one stating on the petition (Manila)?

Thank you very much!

Answer
Jenny,
You can go to Canada or Mexico for your H-1B visa, but you need to account for the possibility that they may not issue you one. One of the reasons that they do so is that they are unable to verify your academic qualifications.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan