Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Dear Sir

This is really a great service that you are providing right now.

I had a H-1 on last year OCT 2007 through consultancy and transfer on two month to another consultancy on Dec 2007 and that was approved on April 11 2008 and now I file for a  change of status by working one month up to the first week of June and on June 11 2008 I file for the change of status by showing one recent paycheck which I receive on May 30 2008 and is that will be a problem for my change of status to F-1 or not.

Please help me

Rajani

Answer
Rajani,
I do not see a problem in your case as long as you have been maintaining status as a H-1B employee. (whether you were paid or not). The USCIS may or may not ask for further pay stubs.  I would also suggest that on obtaining your change of status, you should demand your back wages from the H employer. If you wish to do so you can contact my office.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan