Immigration Issues/Immigration


Dear Sir

I was on H-1 on Oct 2007 and I transfer to another consultancy on Dec 2007 and now I am working on a contract. Now I get a full time job in Subway that is a franchise store and they are hiring me as a full time accountant. Can I transfer my H-1 to Subway which is a franchise store is that a problem or not. The consultancy hire me as a Business analyst which is a Information technology sector. Now I am transferring to Subway for Accountant. I finished my Bachelor Degree from USA in Finance and Accounting.

Please help me

There is no such thing as 'transfer" of H visa. The new employer should apply for a fresh H-1B visa as an accountant on your behalf. I would advise you to continue working for your current employer and move only after the new H-1b is approved. Please note that H-1B for an accountant with a small company is difficult but possible.  The USCIS holds that such companies do not require book keepers rather than a full time accountant.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.