Immigration Issues/Immigration

Question
Hi

I had a quick question. I transfer my H-1 to another company and how many month did I had to wait while filling for the green card and does I had to show the every month pay stub while filling for green card.Please help me out.

Rojan

Answer
Rojan,

The need for paystubs is during the I-140 stage of the process where your company has to show the financial ability to pay your wages from the date the labor cert was filed. To prove this the company can show either your paystubs from the date of filing the labor cert to show its ability to pay OR it can also show its income during this period to prove ability to pay.

So if your company cannot show income (profit) during the period starting from the date of filing your labor cert. then it becomes important that you have paystubs for this period.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan