Immigration Issues/RFE: bank statements

Dear Mr Krishnan,
I applied to change my F-2 status to F-1, but I recently received a blue form - request for additional evidence -  asking to submit last four bank statements (not the bank letters). RFE says they must be ORIGINAL. My bank is located in the US. Can I submit the print-out copies that I got from the local branch that are stamped and signed by a bank officer?  Or should I order the statements which are like those we receive in the end of each month? Could you please explain to me what they want? Thank in advance!

You can submit the print out copies and if the bank can authenticate it that should do fine. Or you could submit the statement with a letter from the bank with the information about your bank balance for the last six months.

They want this to show that you have the finances necessary for paying your tuition fee.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,