Immigration Issues/Visit to Florida?


Hello. Couple of days ago my friend invited me to Florida for a week or two on winter vacation which is in five months. I came from South Korea 6 years ago and got the PR card ( green card) couple of years later. Since i only have the green card and not visa, does that mean i can't go? I'm underage, just turning fifteen. Is there any way i can go?

You left out a lot of information. What country are you coming from? Citizenship? You said you had a greencard, but when was the last time you were in the USA?  If you have been out of the USA for more than 1 year, then you no longer have a valid greencard.

If you do not have a greencard, and you are not a citizen of a country which has a Visa Waiver program with the USA, you are going to need to get a tourist visa.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.