Immigration Issues/Visiting Visa for US

Question
I am working as a software engineer in a company in india. I have got my H1B approved this year(picked in lottery) through my company and yet to go to visa interview in october 2008.
This month my husband is travelling to US on business visa (B1). He is going for a trip of 3 months. I want to accompany him and visit US. Hence, I want to try for visiting visa and me or my husband sponsors for me.

Now my question is, Will the US consulate have the information about my H1 process with them and Are there any chances for the consulate rejecting my Visiting visa because my H1 visa is in process.

I just want to go to US for visiting now and return back by october i.e by the time I go for H1 stamping. Could you please guide me the chances of getting the Visiting visa at this time.

Answer
Deepthi,
Based on your question, you are eligible to apply for a B visa and the approval of your H visa will not have any negative impact on the visa issuance process. If requested you can state that you intend to come back and apply for your H visa in September. As to the probability of approval you can only find out by applying and satisfying the US consulate officer that you are a person who is likely to return back to your country.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan