Immigration Issues/Can I apply for ead?

Question
MY question is that i have a old labor cert approved with date of january 2001 and a new labor cert approved with a date of february 2003 both are from different owners, but same job is involved. So i wanted to know which is my prority date and when can i apply for my ead  because my I 140 is approved.

Thank You

Answer
Hi Pintu,

Check the priority date on the I-140 approval notice...it will be written there.

Then check to see if your priority date is current based on whether it is EB-2 or EB-3 filing. The following webpage from our website explains priority dates: http://www.h1b1.com/visawaiting.htm

EAD can be filed only when I-485 is filed, and the I-485 (adjustment of status application) can be filed only when your priority date is current.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora