Immigration Issues/f2/h1 visa

Question
Dear officer,
I had rejected H1 visa(2007), now i want to apply for F2 visa(since my husband is on F1), .......my question is if i start the h1 transfer will it affect my f2 stamping(since they might question the intent of me going to US)....or will they not have knowledge about transfer until i go for H1 stamping....please advice......

Answer
Hi Rashaditya,

My recommendation is that an H1B petition should not be pending with the USCIS when you apply for F2 visa stamp at the Consulate. After entering the U.S. on F2 visa stamp, you should wait at least two months before an H1B petition is filed for you with the USCIS. Upon approval of the H1B petition, you will be issued "change of status" within the U.S. from F2 to H1B.

Waiting at least two months after entry will avoid "fraudulent entry" problems in the future if you go to the Consulate for H1B visa stamp or any other visa stamp.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora