You are here:

Immigration Issues/husband's green card & passport


mr. krishnan, i asked you a question 2 days ago, but i could not get the answer
my husband's 1st name is cristiano, and shows on his passport.  on his green card it shows as christian.  we are going on a cruise,  cruise tickets show as christian.
please help.  we have been married for 28 yrs, myself and friends always call hi chris, christian.

I did answer your question regarding the effect of your husband's different names and going on the cruise. But if you wish to get this right prior to your cruise.  You first need to check which name is the right one. Is it Christiano or christian according to his birth certificate. The name on the birth certificate controls. Depending on this you need to either change his passport or his green card. To change the name on his green card you need to file the Form I-90. This process would take around 3-6 months.

To change his passport you need to contact his country's consulate. I do not know this process as I am not familiar with the laws of his country.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.