Immigration Issues/l2 EAD


  i am veena. i came recently to US on l2.I recently applied for SSN and i did not get my SSN. Its under process. i am planning to apply for an EAD. Can i apply for EAD without an ssn no. Is it possible.If we r applying EAD online do we need to go to service center during the process.          

thank u in advance

You can go ahead and apply for your EAD without a SSN. If you are applying online you should be sure to send in the supporting documents within the allowed time.  You do not need to go to the service center, the card will arrive in the mail.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.