You are here:

Immigration Issues/marriage in the us by a B2 visa


What is the process of changing the status of visitor visa B2 after one has married a US citizen, especially when the period of staying in the us by a B2 visa is too short to marry then to apply for staying more before that period is over. please explain in detail, thank you

You are required to file form I-485 along with form G-325, I-765 and I-131 for employment and travel documents. If you file your application prior to the expiry of the B-2 visa you will be considered to be in authorized period of stay until there is a decision in your case.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]