Immigration Issues/Getting married


I'm puerto rican (U.S. citizen) and a 4th year med student in Mexico. I'm engaged with a mexican guy and he doesn't have VISA nor passport. I know that the only way for him to be with me in the states is to marry me. I just want to know where do I have to go, what do I have to do, and how long is gonna take to finally get his residency or green card. Thank you in advance.

You need to get married and then file form I-130 and obtain an immigrant visa or you can file for a K-3 visa or he can come into the US on K-1 visa and get married in the US. See for additional information.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.