Immigration Issues/Getting married

Question
I'm puerto rican (U.S. citizen) and a 4th year med student in Mexico. I'm engaged with a mexican guy and he doesn't have VISA nor passport. I know that the only way for him to be with me in the states is to marry me. I just want to know where do I have to go, what do I have to do, and how long is gonna take to finally get his residency or green card. Thank you in advance.

Answer
Sophy,
You need to get married and then file form I-130 and obtain an immigrant visa or you can file for a K-3 visa or he can come into the US on K-1 visa and get married in the US. See www.uscis.gov for additional information.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan