Immigration Issues/Can I travel on B1 when H1 visa is processing?

I have valid B1 visa. Can I travel on B1 visa for business requirements? At the same time, my H1 visa is under processing? Can I travel now on B1 visa?

It would depend where you are? If you are in the US and filed for a change of status then you cannot leave the country during the process. If you are outside the US you are not subject to any such restrictions you can enter the US on B-1.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,