Immigration Issues/work


Hello Ms. Kirshnan,

PLEASE help me, PLEASE! I know you're busy but I have a problem.

I am working on an H1-B and it expires in the fall. I am a teacher and want to finish the school year so my marriage to my fiance will have to be done earlier than planned because I am out of visa time. (i didn't know what my extention time would be so this is why we didn't marry sonner)

My concern is: is there enough time for me to do all this and keep working legally after my visa expires and am married? What documents do i need to file? And lastely, i am Canadian so i travel to Montreal a lot. Will traveling be a problem? I have had THREE immigration lawyers, spent ober 15K and NONE did the job properly- leaving me in this situation! PLEASE, I beg you, please help me!

Magioula Tsilibocos

I do not understand your question. All you have written is that you are a teacher, you want to get married, you have expedited your marriage date and you want to know if you have time to do this.

You need to provide details about your visa, when it expires, is the employer planning to extend, what is the status of your fiance, when are u getting married ?????

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.