You are here:

Immigration Issues/Change of visa status


i got a student visa that expires in 2010 and i graduated in may of 2007. i will be married in Febuary of 2008 and then i will persue to file for my green card i want to know if its a difficult transition from my F1 to getting a green card?

You state  that you will be married in Feb 2008 I assume you meant Feb 2009. If you get married to a USC then you should be eligible to file for your adjustment of status concurrently with the Form I-130.
A word of caution if in any event you are picked up by Immigration your will be deported since you will be out of status.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.