Immigration Issues/Citizenship after marriage

Question
I am a US citizen living abroad. I was wondering what the procedure would be and how long it would take to acquire citizenship for my non US citizen fiance, after we are married of course. Do I need to notify the consulate ahead of time? Are there additional requirements that I may need to be aware of?
Thanks

Answer
Rocky,
You need to first file for US permanent residency and 3 after she becomes a permanent resident she can file for US citizenship. The process to obtain permanent residency can be seen at the USCIS web site www.uscis.gov Or you can go directly to:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan