Immigration Issues/EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Green Card

I am a taekwondo master from South Korea.  Last December, I applied for my green card through EB-1 Extraordinary ability in the field of athletics.  I received my work permit in January.  Two months ago, I left my job and I opened my own business (martial arts school).  If my petition for my green card is denied, what are my options?  Can I apply for a business visa and sponsor myself?

Congratulations on your new business.  Your brief recitation of the facts does not enable me to give you a thorough report about your possible options if your I-140 were to be denied.  The space in this forum is too limited to address all possible avenues for you to take. I would suggest that you consult the attorney who filed your EB-1 and I-485 to give you some advice or consult with another attorney.  This way they will be able to give you a proper path to follow if you receive bad news.

Note, it would be rare that your I-140 petition would be denied without the Service asking for a Request for Additional Evidence.  Once you receive this you should respond quickly to the request.  

Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient