Immigration Issues/H-1 transfer

Question
1) I have h-1 from company A which is for-profit and now i want to transfer it to non-profit company. Will the category of my visa change?
2) I have got h-1 visa but i still have my OPT period. Can I ignore the h-1  visa and work on my OPT?

Answer
Priyanka,

1) No the category of the visa will not change. I am not sure what you mean by "category of my visa" but I am assuming you mean a visa other than H visa.

2) If you H-1B visa was applied as a change of status then you will no longer be on F status from the the effective date.

Please note that if you wish to change employers you need to do so prior to the date your H visa becomes effective. Consult with your employer/attorney.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan