Immigration Issues/H1B Visa filing.


Sir, i'm a graduate student(on F1 visa Status) majoring in Computer Information Systems(CIS). My current schedule is as such that i can graduate in Spring 2009. In that case since my graduate certificate will reach me only a month(or more) after the first day for filing the H1B, is it still possible for me to apply for the H1B on April 1, 2009. I found that there is a provision for applying for H1 by providing a letter from the university authority(indicating the completion of the course) along with the application. Sir, is this true or still valid ?. Is there any risk in doing so ?

You are correct.  A letter from your university indicating that you have passed and completed the course work will work in an H1B application.  Also note, you would also be eligible for OPT in the event that your H1B application was not selected in the H1B lottery.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.