Immigration Issues/H1B Withdraw

Question
Hello Ramasamy:
Here is my case..
I am currently on OPT and my current employer (a IT Consulting Company) has applied for my H1 and it is approved. Now I got a offer from a good company with my OPT and wants me to work on OPT only which is valid till Feb 2009.
My question is can I extend my OPT if my current employer withdraws the petition and will there be any problem if I file for my H1 again in future?
Please advice/suggest. Thank you

Answer
Sri,
If you current employer has filed for your H-1B as a change of status you cannot continue to work on your OPT after the effective start date indicated on your H-1B. From that day onwards you become a H-1B visa holder. Your new employer has to file for a H-1B in order for you to work for him.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan