Immigration Issues/H1B visa denial 221g

Question
Hello Sir, My husband gave interview for H1B visa on Aug,2007 at New Delhi U.S. Embassy and got 221g denial. The consular don't see his papers etc and give a green slip stating 221g denial. My husband is a software engineer and have a very good education & behaviour record. He applied for this visa through a U.S. consultant and he applied this visa for first time and never apply for any other visa.

Now again August 2008 have come and we do not listen any news from the U.S embassy or consulate. Now what we do?
Should we make them a call? Please suggest.

Answer
Gulnaz,
You may need to call the consulate or request the employer to contact them to check on the status. The refusal to give him  a visa has nothing to do with your husband's behavior it is based on the credibility of the company sponsoring him. The consulates are examining the consulting companies thoroughly before issuing visas.

I would suggest that he find another qualified employer and file for his H-1B again.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan