Immigration Issues/H1b transfer

Iíve read several of your responses on H1b but I would really appreciate your clarification and update on the following H1b visa information. I am in my 1st year under H1b (with an US Master degree) and currently exploring job opportunities because of imminent lay off risks in the near future at my current employer due to the loss of my officeís main client (and my employer Aí immigration attorneys wonít discuss with me any of my H1b transfer question to outside employers).
1)   If I accept a job offer outside my current employer A , when will be authorized to start working for my new employer without violating my H1B status? Itís the day after my new employer B received I-129 approval notification (notice of action) from CIS, or the day employer B receives my new actual I-129.
2)   In 2006 you said the H1b average turnaround time for premium processing was guaranteed to be adjudicated in 15 days but it is usually 7-10 days. Is this still applicable in 2008?
3)   What is current average cost for H1B transfer filings for both premium and regular processing?

Again I would appreciate your prompt and valuable responses. I would definitely consider your legal representation in the future based on your feedback.

1) You can start work from the date your H-1B has been properly filed and received by the USCIS. I would suggest that you wait for the receipt before you join.

2) YES

3)Add this up: $320 + 500 +1000 + 750 or 1500 (depending on the size of your new company)

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,