Immigration Issues/J1 Visa Query

Question
Hi Mr. Ramasamy,

I have a question regarding J1 visas. I am in USA on J1 Visa status doing my hotel management internship at a resort. I wish to discontinue my job and return to India. I have only completed 6 months on my visa and thus my status, visa etc. have not expired. However I wish to discontinue my job and leave for India.

Now my question is, what documents (signed DS-2019 etc.) do I need to collect from my employee for returning to India?
Will leaving my job within 6 months in this way, hamper my chances of returning to USA on another job and/or visa status?

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate your help!

-Ishita

Answer
Ishita Shah,

There are no documents to be signed by the employer, you can provide him the resignation letter and leave. You may have to check the employment contract (if any) to see what your obligations are regarding notice etc....

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan