Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 with COS and L1 extension

Question

I am working for company A on L1. Company B applied for H1 with COS and the case is pending. My L1 expires on Oct-31-2008 and company A is preparing to apply L1 extension.

my questions

1. Assume that H1 approved this month, what will happen to L1 extension and what will be my status on Oct-1-2008?

2. If L1 extension is approved before H1 then what happens to my status on Oct-1-2008.

3.I understand that once H1 is approved my status will change to H1 on Oct-1-2008. But if the L1 extension goes for approval after that what happens?

I can't tell company A to hold my L1 extension since my H1 status is not approved.

Thanks
Ragu

Answer
Ragu,
Answers:

1) Assume that H1 approved this month, what will happen to L1 extension and what will be my status on Oct-1-2008?
From Oct 1st, 2008 your status will be H-1B. The extension will not be valid since the L-1B will no longer be an extension since you would have changed to H in the meantime.

Same as above.

See answer 1.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan