Immigration Issues/L1 - H1 transfer

I am in US currently working with Company A. Also my H1B petition throgh company B is approved. Since my H1B petition is active from October. Can i resign from Company A which holds my L1 and stay in US legally from October 1? Will I be out of status? I appreciate your help in this regard. (I believe I cannot work for Company B unless COS is approved)

You are correct, you cannot work for company B on H1 until the COS is approved or you could leave the country and come back on H1B visa ten days before the start of your H.  You cannot stay in the US if you quit your L1 before your COS is approved.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient