You are here:

Immigration Issues/Marrying a green card holder


Respected sir
I am from India.I am goin to marry a US Green Card holder girl in coming novenber.She got her Greeen Card in November2007.What will the various ways so that i can come to us as soon as possible.Wheather the PR status of her will delay in geeting conditional visa.Please suggest wot should i do so that i can easily come states as soon as possible


Your marriage to a green card holder does not allow you to come to the US immediately. It takes around 3-5 years for you to become eligible to come to the US based on your marriage to a green card holder.

See 2A on the Chart titled Family for the dates.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.