Immigration Issues/OPT to H1B

Question
Hi, I am an F1 student on OPT. My OPT started from June 2008 and ending on June 2009. I have my H1b Approved this year. But I want to utilize the whole OPT time. So is there any way to change the immigration status to H1b from next year rather than this 1st Oct? If there is what will be the procedure for that?

Thanks for your kind support.

Answer

If the H1B approval notice (Form I-797) issued by the USCIS indicates that you have been granted change of status, then you will automatically be in H1B status effective October 01, 2008.

If the petition has been approved but you have not been granted change of status, then you can continue on OPT until June, 2009, and your H1B status will be activated only when you obtain an H1B visa stamp from a U.S. Consulate abroad and enter the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora