Immigration Issues/Re-enter US while pregnant with H4 visa

Hi! Me and my wife are currently in US. I'm currently working with H1-B visa and my wife holds H4 visa. Her H4 visa is expired already.

She's currently pregnant and she's planning to go back to Indonesia for family reason in September (4months pregnant). While in Indonesia, she's going to renew her H4 visa.

I'm also going to go back to Indonesia (for business reason) in October and we both are going to come back to US in November (6months pregnant).

Questions 1: Will she has any problem when she tries to renew her H4 visa when she's in Indonesia (4 months pregnant)?

Question 2: Assuming she can renew her H4 visa, will there be any problem when we re-enter US in November (6 months pregnant?

If you are out of status, you will have trouble getting an H4 renewal without regard to pregnancy.  As you have not mentioned how long she has been out of status if only a short period of time she may be given an H4.

Without knowing more about your particular facts, I cannot give you more definite advice.

Good luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient