Immigration Issues/Travel with H1B Approval

Question
Hi Sir
I am in OPT now and my OPT expires on 15th October 2008. Also, I got my H1B approval letter that Starts on October 1st 2008. I have a travel coming up to Europe this month end and I will be returning back on September 20, 2008. Will I have any problem while entering the country without the stamping of H1B?  also, can I get my H1B stamping done in Belgium before entering USA on September 20? Please advise
Thanks
Ashith

Answer
Ashith,
As long as you have a valid F1 visa and you are employed pursing a job that is related to your field of study you probably will be allowed to enter on OPT.  The closer you get to the expiration of your f1 OPT it can become a little risky.  As you will have almost completed your OPT by September 20, it may not be your best option.

I would suggest that you get your H1 stamped and enter using that on September 20, 2008.

Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley