Immigration Issues/U.SGreen Card/UK Green Card

Question
I am a USA green card holder(A Nigerian Citizen) intending to marry a UK green card holder. We concluded i am gonna have to move to the UK, How does this affect my Green card since i do not want to loose my status here in the USA

Answer
You will need to plan on coming back tot he US at least once a year. If you leave the USA for more than 12 months you will lose your visa. You can get a special request to extend that period by another 12 months, but it might just be simpler to come back within 12 months of your last exit.

Alexander J. Hay