Immigration Issues/U.SGreen Card/UK Green Card

I am a USA green card holder(A Nigerian Citizen) intending to marry a UK green card holder. We concluded i am gonna have to move to the UK, How does this affect my Green card since i do not want to loose my status here in the USA

You will need to plan on coming back tot he US at least once a year. If you leave the USA for more than 12 months you will lose your visa. You can get a special request to extend that period by another 12 months, but it might just be simpler to come back within 12 months of your last exit.

Alexander J. Hay

I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".

I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar