You are here:

Immigration Issues/address change while case is pending?


Mr. Krishnan,
We moved, while my wife's and mine cases're pending with USCIS, mine is I-765 appl for EAD to be decided in a week according to their processing dates, my wife got RFE on her COS (from F2 to F1) and responded a couple days ago,
if we make change of address with USCIS, do they update immediately, or how much time does it take for them to update address info? Is it better for us to keep coming to check the old address mailbox, or can we call them to update our address? We just don't want to lose the documents. Please advise. Thank you!

You are supposed to complete the form AR 11 and while doing so you can indicate that you need to have the change of address noted for the petitions that are currently pending too. I would also suggest that you keep a copy of your AR-11 filing for your records.

The USCIS may or may not update their address. So it would be advisable for you to keep checking with the old mailbox at least for your I-765. I would suggest that if you continue receiving mail at the old address after affecting the change of address you call and let them know about it.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]