Immigration Issues/h1B cap applicability

I worked as a teacher in USA on J1 visa for the past 3yrs. I got  waiver for the 2yr rule. Now Iam back in India and want to apply for a H1 visa. If I find an employer in US school willing to sponsor me  does the H1B  cap rule apply to me and do i need to wait till oct.

The H1B cap may apply.  There are employers that are subject to the visa cap and others who are not.  As a general rule, government agencies and universities are cap exempt employers and can make hires throughout the year.  Other employers are not cap exempt.  I have no way of knowing if your school is or is not cap exempt.  I would suggest that you consult with their HR department as they will conclusively know.  
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient