You are here:

Immigration Issues/Canadian Work permit on L1


Hello Sir,
  I am right now working in US with employer xx on L1 Visa, which is valid till Mar 2010. I got an job offer from an employer yy in Canada, who is ready to sponsor my work permit for canada.

Following are my questions.

1. If I get my canadian work permit, and move to employer yy in Canada, what will be my L1 visa Status?
2. When am travelling to Canada from US, should I hand over my I-94?

Thanks in advance,

If you leave the US you will not be in any status. If your question is will you be able o return on L-1 visa again, it would depend on your employer having a the job open for you at that time.

You need to hand over the I-94 if they request it. Either you give it or not will not be of any benefit to you.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.