Immigration Issues/H1 B Transfer


I am working in a company in US who applied for H1 and it got approved, Now i want to change the company and relocate. I am not sure if the company will cancel my H1 pettition if I quit.

How do I get my H1 transferred and what is the cost for this If i have to spend for the transfer.

If I have to explain my position to my new employer, which is the best way?

Many Thanks!!

The best way would be for you to file the H-1B application and then inform or quit your employer if you fear that he would cancel your H-1B.

As the H-1B application is an employer based application you need to contact your prospective employer or his attorney and ask him about the requirements and the process for the transfer.

Best of luck.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.