Immigration Issues/H1B Amendment

Question
I'm currently on my L1 Blanket and also have my got my
H1B visa approved
through change of status this year i.e Apr 2008 by
some other employer.

My L1 individual visa was getting expired on 15th Sept
2008,so i went back
to India in Jul 2008 and got a L1 Blanket visa
stamped.Also my current
employer has filed for my spouse's L2 extension in
the third week of Aug
2008.
 Now what i understand is that i either go to Canada/Mexico and get my H1B stamped OR apply for an amendment of I94.
  Which one would be a good option for the two? Also can i join the other employer on my H1b after 1st Oct 2008 and then get the visa stamped/amended?How long would the amendment take?

Thanks in advance.
GSB

Answer
Girish,
If you wish to continue on L visa then you need to leave the country prior to Oct 1 and reenter on L visa after Oct 1.  If you wish to join the H-1B employer you need to nothing but start working for the company starting Oct 1.

I am not sure what amendment of I-94 you are talking about.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan