Immigration Issues/L1 A to H1 B transfer

Question
I am currently working for a company A on L1A visa valid until Dec 2010,
I applied for my H1 B through a consultant company B and have an approved H1B valid from Oct 2008 to Oct 2011
Company  "C" has offered me a job and I can join them by the 15th of Oct 2008 and also Company "C" has agreed to start the H1 transfer process asap

My questions are :
a)Can I still be on L1 until Oct 15th 2008 and continue work for company "A" ?
b)Can i directly move from Company "A" to company "C" without working for Company "B" though Company "B" has applied for my H1 from Oct 15th 2008
c)Company "B" says they dont have a problem in me moving to company "C" without working for them as long as Company "C" bears the transfer fee costs

Please help me in clarifying my doubts as each person has been giving varied answers which dont match at all

Answer
Prathiba,
1) If the H-1B was file as a change of status with a start date Oct 15th then you can continue on L until this date.
2) You can provided you file it under premium processing.
3) I do not know what "transfer fee costs" is. I do not think that such a thing exists other than they wanting you to give them some money. If you have good attorney representing you may avoid these so called transfer charges.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan