Immigration Issues/L1B to H1B

Question
Hello,

I am working L1B for my current employer and have filed for a L1B to H1B transfer through a consultant. My questions

I have heard that it is mandatory to work for the consultant who files for the H1B for atleast for few months before you shift to any other job. Is it true? Does non-compliance to this cause any issues with Green card later on?

Thanks,

Answer
Hi Swaroop,

You will automatically be in H1B status on October 01 (if the H1B employer requested "change of status" when filing H1B petition). Therefore, you should start working for the H1B employer in October.

If you wish to change employers in the future (through Company B, for example), then you should submit about 2 months worth of recent pay stubs from Company A when Company B files an H1B petition for you requesting extension of your H1B status through Company B. The recent pay stubs show that you are currently maintaining H1B status through Company A.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora