Immigration Issues/L1B- I94 Extension

Question
My husband is on L1-B visa and the visa/I-94 expires on 4th Jan 2009.We are expecting a baby in Dec'08.Could you please let us know what is the minimum processing time for I-94 extension? In case if the I-94 extension gets rejected/RFE do we get any grace period considering the well being of the newborn baby?

Answer
Priya,
L-1B extension could take around 3-4 months but it can also be obtained within 15 days if premium processed.  If the extension is denied, then you are required to leave the country. There is no specific grace period but you can certainly stay here (not officially) until the newborn baby is allowed to travel. That is you will not be given an official grace period.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan