Immigration Issues/L1B- I94 Extension

My husband is on L1-B visa and the visa/I-94 expires on 4th Jan 2009.We are expecting a baby in Dec'08.Could you please let us know what is the minimum processing time for I-94 extension? In case if the I-94 extension gets rejected/RFE do we get any grace period considering the well being of the newborn baby?

L-1B extension could take around 3-4 months but it can also be obtained within 15 days if premium processed.  If the extension is denied, then you are required to leave the country. There is no specific grace period but you can certainly stay here (not officially) until the newborn baby is allowed to travel. That is you will not be given an official grace period.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,