Immigration Issues/Query regarding L1-H1

Question
I am working with Company A on L1 and my visa is valid till 2010. Howver I applied for H1 through Company B and also got it approved. My H1 has been filed as the one which needs consular processing. My queries are:-
1) Starting from October will I be out of status if i continue to work with Company A which has my L1. Is it a compulsion that I should work with H1 company from October?
2) From the previous threads i understood that to work for H1 employer i need to apply for COS. Can i apply for COS now under normal processing and convert the same one to premium processing later depending on my stay in US?

Answer
Vinay,

Since your H was filed requiring consular processing, you cannot work for Company B without a valid H visa or approval of change of status from L to H. So you can continue working for your L employer.

Your employer can do this.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan