Immigration Issues/Transfer of H1 B visa from non profit to profit

Question
I am currently working for a Non-Profit organization, which has sponsored my H-1B visa. Even though I filed through Non-profit I was subject to regular H-1B visa Cap as the organization was not exempt from the visa cap. Now I want to transfer my H-1B visa to profit, do i need to file for H-1 again or could I transfer.

Answer
Sri,
I am not sure what you mean by "do I need to file for H-1 again or could I transfer". if you mean that you can go to work for a new employer without doing filing a fresh H-1B application you are mistaken.

As you are not subject to the cap your new employer needs to file for your H-1B.  YOu however can join him after the application has been filed and prior to approval.

Sincerely

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan