You are here:

Immigration Issues/U.S. citizen marrying U.K. citizen


Hi Ramasamy, ok i keep reading here on the site that if my fiance from the UK comes to the U.S. for like lets say 85 days and we decide 30 days into his visit that we want to spur of the moment get married is he really able to stay here? if so once we are married what exactly do i file for if he is a UK citizen? what form exactly?
thanks , josie

You need to file for his adjustment of status. The form is I-130, I-485, G-325 and an affidavit of support along with photos, a medical report and supporting documents. Such as passport, marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce certificates if any.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]