Immigration Issues/will it be a problem to overstay i-94 for 5 days? visa is good for 2 more years

Question
Hello, I am here on a work visa, good til 2010, but my i-94 was only good
for one year expiring oct. 16.  I have traveled in and out the country, but
many times, the i94 card was never removed and I returned on the same
form, .  now I am leaving to germany oct.21.  is that still 'reasonable' for the
immigration , or will I have a problem?  I am mexican, do  I need to go to
mexico for a day, to renew the i94?  thanks so much for your help, its
impossible to get an answer from the INS
Karla L.

Answer
Karla,
Yes. You need to leave the country and on reentry make sure the I-94 reflects the date of the visa approval notice. You will be considered out of status if you stay beyond the end date of your I-94.

Sincerely,

Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan