Immigration Issues/question


My name is Kristina and I came to USA two years ago with J-1 visa. After 4 month of working in USA I changed my visa to F-1. I do still have my visa current. I go to school full time and I don't work. I got married couple of months ago. My husband has a green card he won on lottery two years ago. My question is can I apply for employment authorization before he become American citizen?
And what are the chances for receiving it any time soon? I know that I cannot apply for a green card before he becomes American citizen but what about the work permit???

You can apply for your greencard and employment authorization after he becomes a citizen. Your husband is eligible to become a US citizen 5 years after he has been a permanent resident. I am sure you can do the math.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.