Immigration Issues/question

Question
My name is Kristina and I came to USA two years ago with J-1 visa. After 4 month of working in USA I changed my visa to F-1. I do still have my visa current. I go to school full time and I don't work. I got married couple of months ago. My husband has a green card he won on lottery two years ago. My question is can I apply for employment authorization before he become American citizen?
And what are the chances for receiving it any time soon? I know that I cannot apply for a green card before he becomes American citizen but what about the work permit???
Thanks

Answer
Kristina,
You can apply for your greencard and employment authorization after he becomes a citizen. Your husband is eligible to become a US citizen 5 years after he has been a permanent resident. I am sure you can do the math.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan