Immigration Issues/Adjustment of status fthrough U.S. citizen spouse

Question
hi Ajay
My case is an immigration case. I came to the us with my b1/b2 visa(10yrs multiple entry) and got married in New York with an us citizen. I went back to india after marriage and came back to US after a month.
Now I have filed papers for Immigration and Adjustment of Status ( I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765, I-693 & I-864). I could not hire an attorney so I did all the paper work Myself. I have recently received notice of action for all the documents. when I last entered US I was granted 3-months stay and my I-94 is going to expire in 15 days.

So my question is that:
1. "Can I stay in United States even if my I-94 is expired as my AOS is under processing." if not Can I extend my I-94 for another 3 months as maximum stay allowed on B1 is 6 months.

Thank you so much for you time ...

Answer

Since the immigrant petition (I-130) along with adjustment of status application (I-485) as well as other paperwork has been filed concurrently with the USCIS, you are legally able to remain in the U.S. even after I-94 expiration. Indeed, you will be unable to extend B1/B2 visa status after the marriage sponsorship paperwork has been filed with the USCIS since the visitor visa category does not allow for intention to immigrate to the U.S., but as stated earlier in our email there is no problem for failure to extend I-94.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora