Immigration Issues/F1-L2

Question

I am on F1 visa now. I will go for a CPT next semester. My question is , if being on CPT, my status changes from F1 to L2, will I have to discontinue the CPT? or I could finish it..

Pls let me know."

Answer

Since you can hold only one immigration status at a time in the U.S., and since the latest action by the USCIS will be change of status to L2, you will no longer have F1 (CPT) status once the petition requesting change of status to L2 is approved by the USCIS. Therefore, you will be unable to finish CPT once L2 status is granted by the USCIS.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora