Immigration Issues/Green Card


Hi, I am from the UK working in NY on a L-1 visa, i have applied for a green
card through marrage as my wife is aAmerican I applied for my green card two
months ago but my L-1 visa is going to expire next week. Can i still say in the
US whilst i await my advance parole stamps? thanks

Assuming you have filed everything correctly, you would be on adjustment pending status and can remain in the United States throughout the process.  Moreover, if you filed for an EAD card you can begin working for any employer in the U.S. once your receive the card.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.