Immigration Issues/H1B visa residing in US

Question

I have a question.  I am a US citizen and have been dating someone in India, holding a H1B visa with a US company, expiring in 2012.  If he wants to live in the US with me now, what are the requirements and/or processes we have to take in order to achieve this?  What privileges does a H1B visa have?  How long does the process take before he can resides in the US with me?

Thank you for your time.
Linda

Answer
Linda,
If he his in India at this time, you have two options, either bring him to the US as a fiancee and then get married in the US or you need to get married and file either an immigrant visa or K-3 visa. I am not sure about the time frame but it would take about a year or less.

If he his in the US then you need to get married and file forms I=130/I-485. The process would take around a year for him to get his permanent residence.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan